Interview Of The Week

Interview Of The Week: Josemaria Siota, IESE Business School

Who: Josemaria Siota is the Executive Director of IESE Business School’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center and has been designated as an expert on corporate venturing by the European Commission and the World Economic Forum. He leads cutting-edge research on open innovation, corporate venturing, and technology transfer, working around the world with chief innovation officers and top-tier academics. Topic: How corporations can better collaborate with deep-tech startups. Quote: “Europe has a strong research ecosystem. It has 21% of the top-100 research centers globally. Yet, near 95% of registered patents are dormant. Meanwhile, the active patents -the remaining 5%- impact in an estimated 40% of the EU GDP. What if we could activate an additional 5%? “

This article is part of The Innovator’s premium content and available only to The Innovator’s Radar subscribers. 
If you are already a Radar subscriber click here to sign into your account.
Or sign up here for a free trial subscription.


About the author

Jennifer L. Schenker

Jennifer L. Schenker, an award-winning journalist, has been covering the global tech industry from Europe since 1985, working full-time, at various points in her career for the Wall Street Journal Europe, Time Magazine, International Herald Tribune, Red Herring and BusinessWeek. She is currently the editor-in-chief of The Innovator, an English-language global publication about the digital transformation of business. Jennifer was voted one of the 50 most inspiring women in technology in Europe in 2015 and 2016 and was named by Forbes Magazine in 2018 as one of the 30 women leaders disrupting tech in France. She has been a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneers judge for 20 years. She lives in Paris and has dual U.S. and French citizenship.